To sign up for RAMA’s general mailing list (for press releases and event notifications), please click here.
If you are available to support workers in crisis situations by providing emergency transportation and/or translation from Spanish to English, please email hola@RAMAOkanagan.org.
RAMA is also on Facebook.
RAMA is an unincorporated non-profit association run entirely by volunteers. We are not registered with any government authority, nor do we accept any government or corporate funding. At present, we are financially sustained by donations from individual allies and non-profit associations as well as through in-kind contributions of labour, food, transportation, etcetera.
We have no paid staff and no public-facing office. Our overhead costs include a single phone number and website expenses. 100% of our funding is channelled towards organizing efforts, direct support work with migrant farmworkers, community-building projects, and public awareness campaigns.
If you would like to make a financial contribution, you can make a donation by PayPal, or cheques can be made out to “RAMA” and mailed to the following address:
1300 Mountain View Rd.
- Materials for English classes
- The cost of gas for organizers driving to and from remote farms
- Provision of food for RAMA gatherings and community events with workers
- Bus rentals to transport migrant men and women to and from events
- Long distance phone calls between organizers and workers’ families
- Printing of flyers and posters for outreach, events and education
- Legal counsel and emergency funding for workers in crisis
RAMA is grateful for past funding we have received from the Federation of Post Secondary Educators (FPSE) of British Columbia, Freedonia, and the West Coast Domestic Workers Association. We continue to partner with the Okanagan College Faculty Association (OCFA) and the Kelowna chapter of Food Not Bombs.