Volunteering & Supporter List
If you are available to support workers situations by providing transportation, translation from Spanish to English, or other support, please email hola@RAMAOkanagan.org.
To sign up for RAMA’s general mailing list (for press releases and event notifications), please use the form below:
You can also like or follow RAMA on Facebook.
RAMA is an unincorporated non-profit association run entirely by volunteers. We are not registered with any government authority, nor do we accept any government or corporate funding. At present, we are financially sustained by donations from individual allies and non-profit associations as well as through in-kind contributions of labour, food, transportation, etcetera.
We have no paid staff and no public-facing office. Our overhead costs include a phone number and website expenses. 100% of our funding is channeled towards organizing efforts, direct support work with migrant farmworkers, community-building projects, and public awareness campaigns.
If you would like to make a financial contribution, you can make a donation by PayPal, or cheques can be made out to “RAMA” and mailed to the following address:
1300 Mountain View Rd.
- Materials for English classes
- The cost of gas for organizers driving to and from remote farms
- Provision of food for RAMA gatherings and community events with workers
- Bus rentals to transport migrant men and women to and from events
- Long distance phone calls between organizers and workers’ families
- Printing of flyers and posters for outreach, events and education
- Legal counsel and emergency funding for workers in crisis
RAMA is grateful for past funding we have received from the Federation of Post Secondary Educators (FPSE) of British Columbia, Freedonia, and the West Coast Domestic Workers Association, and the British Columbia Government & Service Employees Union (BCGEU).
We also partner with other organizations in the Okanagan, including Okanagan College Faculty Association (OCFA).